Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #199

Hello Flutter By Friends! 

Before we get to today's challenge, I have a bit of news to share. Not fun news and I'm sure there will be lots of disappointment but I hope you'll all understand.

Our next challenge on Wednesday, April 25th will be FBW's 200th challenge and it will also be our last challenge.

When I first started this challenge I never dreamed it would even take off, let alone flourish and become what it is today!! Never would I have dreamed I would have met so many wonderful fluttery friends both in the challenges and also on my Flutter By Team! I have been truly blessed!

When I first started the challenge I always told myself that if I ever wanted to stop it, to go out on top...and that's what I'm doing. With an amazing 800 followers and so many fabulous creations and a fabulous team....like I said before, I have been so truly blessed! But after doing this for over 4 years, the time is now for me to end it as it has become more of a *chore* to me instead of fun. I will not "hand the challenge" over to anyone either. It is my baby and I worked hard at it so I'm keeping the blog up for inspiration. I suspect someone will start a similar challenge and that's fine but I'm not giving away FBW!

I, personally, am not stopping creating and I'll still be using tons of my favorite Flutter By's and Fairies so I hope that you will all still stop by my personal blog from time to time to say hi. I think that is the hardest part of ending this challenge is losing the opportunity to visit and see all of YOUR creations. And please know that this was not an easy decision.

So I hope that LOTS of you will play along this week and next as sort of a tribute to the challenge and just so I can *see* you all for a few more weeks! You all have truly touched my heart and I appreciate you all playing along for all these years!

Okay, before I cry onto this week's challenge~ This week we want to celebrate the beginning of FBW and have you CASE my very First Flutter By Wednesday card!! You can see the original post HERE and here's the card~




Remember your butterfly, fairy or angel!!! and I can't wait to see what you create!!

Be sure to visit the Flutter By Team for lots of inspiration!!! and leave them lots and lots of love as they are just amazing and I will miss creating with them each week~


The nitty gritty details~
  • Challenge this week is to CASE my first Flutter By Wednesday card using your butterfly, fairy or angel
  • Once you've created your NEW creation, please leave a direct link in the InLinkz below.
  • I reserve the right to remove any links not linked properly or that I deem inappropriate! 
  • Enter your link before midnight (PST) next Tuesday, April 24th, 2012.
  • Have fun

18 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Sad news but you are so right, loved taking part when I had the time! Shall flutter by your blog to keep an eye on your gorgeous creations, take careX:)

Hazel said...

What sad news - I really enjoy playing along with the challenges when I can. However, I fully understand that running the blog shouldn't become a chore and so I understand your reasons for bringing it to an end. Wishing you success for the future. x

EELS said...

Oh heck this is very sad indeed, sorry this fab challenge site is to close but you have to do what's best for you.....good luck.
Cheers,
Elaine

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear that Danni :O( Thanks for all the fab challenges over the years.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Eret said...

This is so sad news. I love your challenges. I'm sorry that I discovered your blog only few months ago. I would love to play along with you more.
4 years is very long time to make up themes for challenges. You have done excellent job and can go to well deserved vacation.
Thank you so much for everything.
Eret xx

Craftdee said...

Aww, Danni; it will be sad to see the end of such a lovely challenge, but if I abide by the mantra that if it feels like work, it's not craft. I'm going to make sure I enter this weeks challenge and hope you go out on a roar! I wish you all the best for the future... I'll still be checking out your fluttery goings-on Donna ☺

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh dani! i sooooooooo understand and know you will ALWAYS be in my heart and my prayers. i wish you all the best.

could you please email me your new home address? i'm at poca62@comcast.net

big hugs, my friend.

Jean Addis said...

Congratulations for making your FBW challenge a huge success. I believe it was my very first challenge to participate in. I will always enjoy visiting your blog, challenge or no challenge. Best wishes to you!

Cor* said...

nNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooooo not flutterby!! Oh how sad!! I will miss your challenges immensly!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

What a fabulous challenge...thanks for being so dedicated and giving us inspiration for our own stamping! You're amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I bet this was a hard decision, however, when its isn't fun -- it is time to move on. Thanks for a great 4 years~

Shelly said...

I'll sure miss FBW, but do understand your decision, Danni. Thank you for deciding to keep the blog up, so that we can come here for inspiration.

I believe that FBW was the first blog challenge I ever took part in and it remained my favorite, even though my life took some turns and I no longer took part in the challenges. Hugs!!!

Lisa T said...

Sad news, but we understand. We nkow you will still keep stamping. :)

I recognize that butterfly stamp, BTW - TAC's Asian Butterfly. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see FBW close but totally understand your decision. Wishing you nothing but the best in the future.

Karen SAS4Kids

Scrappycath said...

Such sad news. I wish you all the best in all that you do. Thank you for hosting so many inspiring challenges!

Billie A said...

Really sad news. Good luck and hope your keep crafting. Its a great way to relax.. At least I think so.. I loved playing in your challenges.. Good luck and Hugs.

Mandy said...

Aww that's sad news Danni but totally understand what you say. Congrats on the huge success of this challenge, it's been lovely to play along :)
hugs Mandy xx

Hazel said...

My link is 31, but I stupidly put the CASE card in the linky instead of my own card - sorry x